Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Lazy Way to Fix a Big Waistband

At the end of the season last summer, I bought some clearance swim suits/trunks for my kids.  There was one pair of swim trunks that Nolan wouldn't wear this year because the waistband was too big and they didn't have a drawstring or any way to adjust them.

I kept putting off fixing them because fixing them the "right" way seemed time-consuming.  So today I fixed them the lazy way!

I bought shoestrings that matched the swim trunks.  The only other supply I needed was some FrayCheck, which I always have in my sewing arsenal.


I needed to cut two openings in the waistband, one on each side of the front center.

I gathered up just the front layer of fabric and made a vertical cut.



I did the same on the other side of the front center.

It's hard to see but there's a cut near each of my fingers.
I coated the new openings with FrayCheck to keep them from, well, fraying.


Then I fed one end of the shoestring through one opening and pushed it through the waistband until it came out the other opening.


And they're done!


Now Nolan can tighten them and avoid any embarrassing swim situations.

P.S.  Neon yellow is hard to photograph!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment