Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lunch Jokes

My kids take a packed lunch to school most days (Nolan takes one everyday).  I like to include a note in their lunch.  In the beginning, I wrote a little message each morning.  After awhile, I ran out of things to say!  Eventually Nolan got too cool for "Mom loves you" notes, so I started giving the boys jokes and riddles instead.

Do you know how quickly you run out of jokes and riddles when you have three kids needing a lunch note everyday??  I have exhausted the interweb of all free printable lunch notes/jokes.

Since I've run out of handwritten ideas and free printable ideas, I came up with a new plan.  We'll see how long this lasts.

Recently while I was shopping at Sam's, I spotted this book:


An idea quickly sprouted in my tired mind.

I bought the book and started cutting the columns apart. 


Then I tried to cut between the jokes to get multiple lunch notes from each column.  Some couldn't be split nicely, but oh well.  I can put one of these in each lunch (still just for the boys since Nora wouldn't get most of the jokes), and the kids can have multiple jokes each day. 


And there you go.  I'm solving life's problems one joke book at a time.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment