Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Treats

Friday night we went to a friend's house to celebrate some good news.  She had been battling some health issues and her doctor had eliminated everything except cancer, and then this past week she got the call that she didn't have cancer and instead has something very treatable.

This news called for celebration!

Of course a celebration calls for food.

I made my French Toast Cupcakes with Maple Frosting and Bacon Sprinkles (perhaps I should shorten that name). 


I also made Rice Krispies Treats that looked like watermelon slices.  I got the idea from InspiredByFamilyMag.com.  The inspiration recipe used chocolate chips for the watermelon "seeds," but two of my kids don't love chocolate (weirdos).  So I found some old Valentine's sprinkles that had tiny brown hearts.  I used those dark brown hearts as our seeds.





This was the bottom after I flipped it out of the pan.

I cut it into quarters.

Then I cut each quarter into three or four slices.  Those tips wanted to crumble when I cut them.


Voila!
Nora was on hand to help me clean the sticky Rice Krispies out of the bowl.


  

She was quite pleased with the fact that she was wearing her watermelon dress while we were making a watermelon dessert.


This was another time of getting to bake for fun.  Plus I got to make something new!  I like to celebrate big things--like a good medical diagnosis--and little things--like fun in the kitchen!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment