Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Favorite Songs

Right before my sister's family moved, I spent a whole day with my niece Layla.  We packed and cleaned and ran errands.  We nicknamed ourselves the Dream Team because we got so much done together.

While we were driving from place to place, we discovered that we both love the song "The Broken Beautiful" by Ellie Holcomb.  Now every time I hear that song, I feel super happy remembering how much fun I had with Layla that day.  And then I feel sad that Layla is many miles away.

Songs are like that for me.  They are connected to memories and emotions for me.

I've been loving "Oceans" by Hillsong United for months now.   It has meaning to me personally, and I've heard from many of my favorite women about how God has used that song to speak to them.

There are so many songs that I love.  For today, I wanted to share with you three songs that currently make me move and groove and tap my steering wheel no matter what kind of day I'm having.

In no particular order...

"Fix My Eyes" by For King and Country

"My Lighthouse" by Rend Collective

"Start a Fire" by Unspoken

It's no coincidence that these are three of my favorite bands.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment