Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Paycheck

Last night before we put the kids to bed, we snuggled up on our (me & Jared's) bed and read devotions and prayed.  My kids frequently blow me away with their prayers.  Last night Nolan's went something like this:

God, thank you for helping us find that house.  Help the people to accept our offer to buy the house.  If that's where you want us then let them accept our offer.  Help us not to struggle if they don't accept our offer and just to trust you to take us to the right house that you have for us.  We love you.  In Jesus' name, amen.

Amazing.

After we had all prayed, Nolan said to me:

"Mom, it's like you spend your whole life living for God, and the paycheck is heaven."

That kid, I tell ya.  Sometimes kids have things more figured out than the grown ups do.

And by the way, they did accept our offer on the house. :)

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment