Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Easy Healthy Cookies

If you've ever been on Pinterest, you've likely seen these:


These are cookies made by mashing bananas, adding instant oatmeal, and mixing in whatever extra you like.  Then you bake the cookies and enjoy.

Click here for the full recipe on The Burlap Bag.

I made these recently as a healthy dessert when we had a friend over for dinner.  I added mini chocolate chips and a dash of cinnamon.

Unbaked

Baked

We all thought they were pretty tasty.  There's no way these would trick your taste buds into thinking they're actual chocolate chip cookies, but I think they're great for what they are.

I made another batch yesterday and added mini chocolate chips to half of the cookies and dried cranberries to the other half.  I only used one banana (and 1/2 cup oatmeal), which makes about 5 small-ish cookies or 4 slightly larger cookies.

These are cheap, easy, healthy, and tasty.  If you try these, I'd love to hear what you mix in!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment