Monday, September 17, 2012

Cake and Body Image

I'm too exhausted to write, so I thought I'd at least share a couple of links so you all know I'm still alive.

Tonight I couldn't shake a craving for chocolate cake.  I even had a little leftover chocolate frosting in my refrigerator from some goodies I made for someone else last weekend.  I shouldn't have kept the leftover frosting because I will undoubtedly eat it.  Let's be honest:  the chocolate frosting was the whole reason I wanted the cake.

Anyhow.

I remembered reading a blog post about how you can make a single serving of cake in the microwave using cake mix.  And I'm just the kind of girl who always has cake mix on hand.


Read the full instructions at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.

Basically, mix 1/4 cup cake mix with 1.5 tablespoons water and microwave for 1 minute.

If you want to make a double portion (ahem), mix 1/2 cup cake mix with 3 tablespoons water and microwave for 1.5 minutes.

I just slapped some frosting on top of my "cupcake" while it was hot out of the microwave, and I ate it straight out of the mug. 

Worth it.

And on an unrelated note...

I've been wanting to share something that my sister shared with me several weeks ago. 


It's called "Dear Body" and you can find it at (in)courage.

It's not that long, so just force yourself to click the link and go read it. :)  It will give you a new perspective on just how miraculous your body is.

I hope your week is off to a great start!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment