Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Little Creativity

When I was a little girl, I spent most days at my grandma's house.  Whenever it rained, she said that we should paint (she had lots of paints, paintbrushes, and paper to let my creativity run wild).

Today it was gray and rainy, and Griffin didn't have preschool (ahhhhhh).  So after we took Nolan to school, I felt the urge to get out our paints.  We had finger paints, some metallic squeeze paints, and water colors. 

Our finger paints are in individual squeeze bottles, so I just squeeze some of each color onto a paper plate for each child.  I highly recommend doing it this way because all of our tubs of finger paints end up brown from colors mixing.

Nora wanted to dive in with both hands right away.



Griffin kept his hands clean for a while.


But then he joined the fun.


They painted with the finger paints and the squeeze paints for a very long time.  Then they cleaned their hands and played with the water colors.  It was lots of fun, and the clean-up wasn't even that bad.

Here are a few of their masterpieces:


I always like seeing their paint plates when they're finished painting.


During naptime, I had some creative time of my own.  My mom just bought Nora some much-needed clothes.  One of the shirts was a long-sleeved solid light pink shirt.  It was just begging for me to add a design to it.

I used this free printable from Lil Blue Boo:

I printed it onto iron-on transfer paper (like this), cut close to the edge of the design, and ironed it onto the shirt.  If you do this project (or a similar one) yourself, don't forget that you have to print a mirror image of your design.

Here's the newly jazzed-up shirt:


As soon as Nora got up from her nap, she wanted to wear her new shirt. 


Nora was a goofy moving target.  Griffin wanted to join the fun as they tried to dodge my pictures.


Speaking of when I was a little girl, I thought you might like to see a few pictures of me then.  You might notice some resemblance between little me and the little girl in the pink outfit above. :)

Me and Grandma

My brother on the left and my sister on the right (in VERY short shorts!)


Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment