Monday, April 30, 2012

Blog Spotlight: Jones Design Company


My amazing friend Leslie just sent me a link to the blog Jones Design Company, and it is awesome!

About JDC:
"Jones Design Company began as a small stationery design business in 2001. As my family has grown and my creative interests have expanded JDC has taken on a new identity as a lifestyle blog. This has become a delightful place to document projects, share ideas, offer my designs and hopefully make you smile along the way. You will find many free printable downloads, tutorials for simple and inexpensive projects, as well as my musings on family, faith, motherhood, design and the randomness that is my life."
This is Emily, the author and designer of Jones Design Company:


She wrote this note on the bottom of her blog:

"I love sharing my life on the blog - my thoughts, my struggles, my successes and those moments in between. My hope is that you will leave here feeling inspired and encouraged and perhaps like we're friends, even if we've never met. Please come back to visit soon!"
I had fun browsing her blog, reading some of her writing, and checking out her tutorials.  Suddenly I realized that I have been on her site before to see her Painted Wallpaper Tutorial!

I really really like her style.  I love her use of modern patterns, colors, and fonts.  

I'm a font junkie, not that you would know since I haven't figured out how to incorporate different fonts on my blog.  In the JDC shop I found two fantastic fonts that Emily has created.





Guess what else I found in her shop...


Does that verse sound familiar?  It's part of the section of Philippians that follows me wherever I go.

I've been working on photos to share with you from my birthday party.  And for the first time ever, I will post a picture of myself on my blog.  Stay tuned!

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment