Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Not Almost Perfect

Yesterday I had a moment of panic as I realized the name of my blog could be misinterpreted.

I meant for it to say that I am a perfectionist, but I'm always landing just shy of my target.  I'm almost the mom, wife, friend, and Christian I think I should be.  And in most cases, I'm not even almost there.

I hope no one reads my blog name and thinks I'm saying I'm almost perfect.  That couldn't be farther from the truth.

I am also hoping to work through a lot of areas where I struggle with perfectionism in my life.  I'm hoping to someday say that I almost got swallowed up by my perfectionism, but I finally gathered the strength to let it go.  

I tell myself that I'm just striving to do better and be better, but ultimately I've crossed a line and now nothing I do is ever good enough.  You know, like choosing a blog name.

So stick with me as I share my journey.  I promise I will occasionally say the wrong thing.  Some posts will not be as well written as they could be.  There will  be other bloggers out in the world with yummier recipes, cooler ideas, more detailed tutorials, clearer photos, and better writing styles.

In the meantime, I will be me.  I'm the only one in this big wide world.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment