Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good, Better, Best

When I was in junior high, I had an English teacher with a poster on her wall that read:

Good, better, best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best.

I stared at that poster day after day.  But honestly, I had internalized its message long before junior high.

I have always been a perfectionist.  I decided that "good" would never be enough, and I've been perpetually stuck between "better" and an impossible "best."  Being a perfectionist all the time can really wear a girl out!  

Now my oldest child is in kindergarten.  As he is learning to read and write, I see him struggling terribly with perfectionism.  I talk him down from the ledge every time he has trouble reading a new word or doesn't think his letter looks just right. Sometimes I feel like such a hypocrite when I tell him he's doing just fine and needs to be kinder to himself.  So...now I'm trying to say goodbye to my longtime companion Perfectionism.

This won't be an easy journey, but the reward will be well worth it.  

So now you know just a tiny bit about me.  As we get to know each other, you'll see that I'm a wife (to the best husband EVER!), a mother of three little kiddos, a Christian, a baker, and a crafter.  I will be sharing my latest projects, recipes, products I'm trying, and mostly my thoughts on life.  

I'm very {very} new to blogging, so I'll be learning as I go.  Just starting this blog is a big risk and a step toward a life of trying new things and accepting the possibility of failure.  Oh, and if anyone can decode all the computer lingo to help me make something pretty out of this blog, please please contact me or send me some helpful resources.  

Thanks for joining my journey!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment