Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog Spotlight: Moms By Heart


 Lori, the author of the brilliant blog Moms By Heart, is my hero.

My obsession admiration began a while back when my family (like so many others) was really struggling financially.  I wanted to be able to stretch our dollars to provide everything my kids need, but I didn't want to be a crazy coupon hoarder (sorry).

Lori is a super mom who balances raising five children and running a fantastic blog (and I'm sure 152 other things).  She occasionally shares stories from her personal/family life, and I really enjoy her writing.  At the end of last year, I printed out her series called In-Law Survival Guide and discussed it in my Sunday school class as we were encouraging each other to make the most of Christmas with difficult family members.


Click to read Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4.  Funny and helpful.  And applicable to more than just in-laws and for times other than Christmas.

If you want to know more about what kind of blog Lori runs, read her post entitled "6 Reasons You Should Not Subscribe To This Blog."  It will make you subscribe immediately.

I check Moms By Heart daily (usually twice per day) to see what Lori has rounded up.

A quick glance at the blog will show you all the current sales and best deals on items such as clothing, toiletries, food, and toys.  She also features tutorials and free printables from other great blogs.  

One stop to Moms By Heart might help you buy some clothes for your kids (on sale plus an additional discount code with free shipping), snag some free makeup for yourself, figure out what to make for dinner tonight, and make cute decorations or treats for the next holiday.  

When you have a few minutes, I suggest that you explore the whole blog.  You'll find helpful information about how couponing works, how to earn money from home, how to get the best deals at your local stores, as well as tons of helpful information about homemaking (recipes, meal planning, cleaning, crafts, entertaining kids, etc.).  

The thing I love most is Lori's attitude of sharing whatever she finds that might help someone else.  I think life can be tough sometimes, so we might as well help each other along.

More of my favorite blogs to come! 



No comments:

Post a Comment